Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you all for your prayers and letters. There is not a day that goes by that Amy does not receive a letter in the mail of prayer and encouragement. Your support has been overwhelming over the last several months. Amy and I went to Akron for, what is now, her last official appointment. We met with the doctors today and they scheduled Amy to be induced next Wednesday night, the 2nd, at 5 pm. They will start the process and after a lot of anticipation, Levi should be here by the next morning.
Our visit today was quite long and there was even a possibility they were going to immediately admit Amy. She was not dilated enough, so they scheduled it for next week. They main reason for this was they found two new abnormalities today. These two problems have raised there level of concern. First, during the ultrasound they were unable to find Levi’s anus. The doctors told us the intestines were in place, but they could not see the opening. They cannot tell us for certain that it is not there, they just couldn’t find it after looking for a long time. When Levi arrives, they will be able to immediately tell and take proper measures to correct it.
The second problem concerned them a little more. There is something that has developed on the outside of the spine. There is an object of some sorts that runs from his tail bone up to about the middle of his back and they are not sure what this is. Also, the cavity within the spine is enlarged. After examining every vertebrae, they are consulting a neurologist. The neurologist’s name is Dr. Hudgins and we have met him already. He is a Christian man from Atlanta, GA. These two findings make it imperative that Amy delivers in Akron, but currently she will not have to have a c-section. My parents will be here on Tuesday and will be able to watch the kids while Amy and I are in Akron.
Many have asked us what this means. Honestly, no one knows. We have been given a range of prognosis that ranges from minor sensory issues to a very severe state of health. They do not know and will not know more until Levi arrives; so, we are waiting. We are now quickly trying to get ready for his arrival. We thought we had two more weeks, but plans change. We thank God that my parents work for and with great people that will allow them to be here on such short notice.
Please pray for:
- Safe travel for my family.
- Levi to wait until next Wednesday to come.
- Us as we wait.
- Wisdom for the doctors.
- And that above all, God will use this situation in our lives for His kingdom.
Thank you again for all your support during this time and the week to come. We will let you know what happens as soon as we can.
In His Service,
Chas, Amy, Emma, Charlie, Caleb, and Levi
February 24, 2011 at 10:44 pm
I’ll be prayin for you all . i dont know at this point if ill be in church sunday yet, my boss has told me if she has someone to cover every other week end yet.
love to u all,