We are still at the hospital waiting for Levi. We arrived yesterday a little before 5 pm and have now been waiting for 27 hours. She has been receiving pitocin since 7 am this morning and is almost at the maximum dosage. They just came in to check her again and she has made it to a 3. This is still very slow. They are hoping that once she hits a 4 the process will drastically speed up. Her epidural had also stopped working so they needed replaced it.
A dear friend came up to sit with us until Levi gets here. She wanted to be here in case I had to leave with Levi and go to Akron Children’s. The doctor came in and broke Amy’s water at about 11 this morning, so they will not let her continue to labor too late into tomorrow morning. The longer she is in labor, the chances of c section increase. So, we are praying things begin to move quicker. They have verified that she will be delivering in the OR as a precautionary measure.
Amy is very tired and VERY hungry. Because of the medicine, she has not been able to eat since yesterday at lunch. This morning they let her have some jello and a couple of crackers. Her body is getting tired. Please pray that things will begin to pick up in pace. Pray for Amy’s strength. Thank you.